Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Who has two thumbs, and forgot they made a blog? THIS GUY!

So this morning I did the Ironman swim set. Everyone who's done this so far has complained about it, but like I texted Mary after I finished, I have to go and be "that guy". I liked this set a lot. Surprisingly a lot. I only had 50 minutes, instead of the hour I was assigned, but I made it through the 2500 straight swim, rocking 1:15s per 100 for everything but my warm up 500. The kick is what people seem to like the least, I didn't mind. I don't like to kick with fins, because my feet cramp like crazy, so I went without. I just puttered along steady descending each 200. I don't remember exactly my splits at this point, but the first was like 2:30ish (for 100), and I shaved about 5 seconds each 200 after that.I think that it helped that I ran into my buddy Mike at the pool. He played water polo at U of R for a while, and now does tris, and is a wicked good swimmer. It helps having someone to work to keep up with, although he lost me after about 2000.

So for the rest of the day I have lab from 12-6 (hopefully I will finish this early), an hour run, then two hours of water polo practice at Webster tonight. Finally getting home and crashing at like 9:30.


I have things to really look forward to the next two weekends too! I have testing in Syracuse this Sunday, and a water polo tournament in Webster the 22nd and 23rd. These will be fun! I'm looking forward to meeting all of my train-this teammates Sunday, hopefully I can keep up with them on the bike. I'm really excited for the polo tournament the next weekend. I'm in much better shape than I have been for years, and I feel like I'm going to rip it up!

I'll end with the last thing I'm excited about. I made up a race schedule for this season. I'm really excited about it, and I'm excited that Mary thought it was awesome. now I just need to find the funds to register for these races. Here's the list:

04-30-11  River Challenge Duathlon
05-01-11  Flower City Half Marathon
05-28-11  Fly By Night Duathlon
06-05-11  Keuka Lake Tri
06-25-11  Tupper Lake Tinman (Alexa, if you read this I stole this idea from you, closer = cheaper!)
07-16-11  mini-Mussel Sprint
07-24-11  IMLP!
08-27-11  Tri Dunkirk F1 (this is a hopeful, not positive on whether I can or not yet)
09-18-11  Finger Lakes Tri (I thought about doing the syracuse 70.3, but FLT is where it all started for me)
10-02-11  IM 70.3 Poconos
11-05-11  Mendon Trail Runs 50k


That's the plan, I'm hoping I can do it all!

I'm going to try to update a little more often than once a month.

1 comment:

  1. big year! (that's a lot of races!)

    P.S. the Tupper, mini-Mussel, LP combo was my favorite 4 weeks EVER

    ReplyDelete