Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday night update-o-rama!

I'm pumped for Johnny's on Saturday. Lately I feel like I've been hitting my training pretty well. I'm feeling faster on the run and the bike. The pool is a bit different. I'm not disappointed with where I am, I'm just having trouble often feeling the water properly. I've noticed that my stroke has changed some. I can tell that my elbows are consistently higher, and I feel good when my form is good. But when I start to get tired, the mechanics start to slide, and these are the time I really feel things slipping. It just feels like I have no traction, it's the swimming equivalent of walking on ice if that makes any sense. This was my first week of tempo! I'm pretty excited for the rest of this block. I'm pretty happy with my first tempo bike ride. I felt strong, I felt fast. I'm proud of being able to maintain the best effort intervals. I'm excited to go fast! I'm excited for what's ahead, and to see just what I can do.

On the real life front, it's the beginning of a new quarter. I'm back to teaching Gen. Chem. Labs, which is a bit of a bummer, I prefer organic. But on the bright side, I only have to teach one section during the week, and then the power lab section (two straight days for those who couldn't schedule a regular time). Also, I'm glad I only have to do two tutoring hours. This should leave me quite a bit of time to work on my research, and really get things wrapped up. There's just a couple small obstacles I have to overcome, but from there it should be easy to wrap up. I'm also excited for the rest of the only course I'm taking. It's all about photochemistry, and the interaction of matter with light. It's the stuff that really interests me, and stuff that I'd like to do more work with in the future. Finally, a class that I really really want to take!

That's about all I have for now. I'm looking forward to seeing all the TTers that are going to be at Johnny's Saturday. The "pub crawl" as Mary calls it (not a pub crawl at all) involves running the course a second time after we finish the race. I'm hoping we get to wait a few minutes at least before we head back out, because I'd like to see Amanda finish. I know she's going to do great. Well that's all that I have for now. Bedtime!

136 Days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment