Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Long Run Success!

Just popping in for a quick update. I've been a little negligent about it lately. Just finished up my 2hr long run. It was great! The weather was great (who knew Rochester still had a sun?), and I felt great. I ended up at exactly 15 miles after two hours. A funny thing happened. I passed 13.1 in 1:44 averaging zone 2. For a little background, in a week it will be one year since I ran my first half. I crossed the line for that in 1:49, and was pretty certain that I was going to die. Today I cruised through feeling awesome. Everything just felt like it clicked today. I was feeling the zone 2 effort pretty well. I ran mostly by feel. Mary's been pushing that lately, and it's working. Every time I've gone out, and not obsessively checked my watch, my HR has been more consistent, and my paces have just fallen in where they need to be.

Next weekend is my first multisport race of the year! I'm beyond pumped! I want to just get out there and rip it up! So if you're not doing anything come check out the river challenge du! It's part of the flower city challenge weekend, and it's a great event. If you volunteered, that would be even better! Just make sure that you cheer extra loud for me. I'll be following up the du with the half marathon on sunday, then probably sleeping the rest of that afternoon. After, of course cheering on Amanda as she rocks her second half, and then probably feasting on waffles at Jay's Diner. Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend to me, so come on out!

That's all I have for now.

92 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment