Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Build Block Mission: Complete!

I'm at the end of my first build block, and although I've had a couple pretty busy weeks, I've executed nicely! I'm pumped to hit Freezeroo #6 next weekend. Then it looks like I have two weeks on, then hit Johnny's March 17th. This morning I feel like I really capped off this block. Thursdays for the past few weeks have been 1:30 on the bike, and 1:15 hill bounding. That's a lot of workout for a weekday, and it's been tough. The first week, I had the afternoon free for the run, but last week; since I teach from 1-9pm and have class from 9:30-11, it's tough to fit that 2.5 hours in there. Last week, I felt pretty burned out all week, and I wasn't able to get it done. That haunted me for a few days, and I was determined this week to nail it. I left early from dinner with some friends last night, went to be at 9, and set the alarm for 4:30. Then I proceeded to rock those two workouts. Period. I'm looking forward to next week's recovery, and rocking that 10k!

On a side note, I had the pleasure of running the last 15 minutes or so with a 5x ironman named Bruce who was getting in a run after masters swim. It was really nice to have someone to chat with after the countless hours of solitude I've put in this winter. Actually, I think the only workout I've done not completely alone was Mary's 38x100 birthday party.

Now I get to spend the rest of the day swaddled in the wondrous embrace of my compression recovery tights. Off to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment