Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thank You!


You’ve put up with trainer rides at 5am, 6 hour rides on weekends, my not being able to walk. Coming to bail me out when I flatted, again, in the rain. You woke up time and time again at 4am for races. You’ve stood out in the cold, in the rain, in the heat and the sun. You’ve waited patiently at races where you see me three times for a total of 30 seconds over the course of five hours. You’ve dealt with me going from feeling nauseous to voraciously hungry in about 5 minutes. You’ve dealt with eating breakfast at 5am, then lunch at 2pm. You’ve put up with me riding my bike all day, then heading directly to an ice bath, then a shower, then sitting on the couch for the next two hours. You’ve put up with restless legs in bed, with falling asleep at 7pm, with training consuming entire weekends. You came up to lake placid, and watched me sit around all week with my feet up. You’ve dealt with pre-race nerves that came days before the race. You’ve dealt with Ironman freakouts, and puking at finish lines. You’ve dealt with triathlon steadily becoming most of my life over the past two years, and you’ve let it happen. You’ve encouraged it. You’ve graciously shared me with the sport that I’ve grown to love, become addicted to; and you haven’t complained. You’ve been the biggest part of making everything that I’ve done possible. You’ve helped me push my limits further than I ever could’ve imagined, encouraging me every step of the way. I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve helped me do. Tomorrow’s race is for you. I hope I can make you proud. I love you more than anything, and I can’t wait to marry you seven days from now. I promise you our honeymoon will be (mostly) triathlon free. Thank you so much!


 18 hours until IMLP!

2 comments:

  1. :) You are going to be a great husband! I can't wait to share your day with you and Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! You can't begin to understand how proud of you I am!

    ReplyDelete