Hi There!

I'm a triathlete, I'm a grad student, and I forget I have a blog frequently!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Update Time!

So things have been pretty crazy. Amanda and I are in full get stuff done for the wedding mode. The Ironman freakouts are increasing their frequency. I have a lot of stuff to update about though!

I'll start with the not so good stuff. I crashed last Thursday. It was my first time going down, and luckily it wasn't all that serious. Some guy didn't give me enough room and I had the choice of hitting the curb (I should learn to bunny hop) and slamming on my brakes. There was some loose gravel and I went down and slid on my back a bit. Just a little very minor road rash, and bruised thumb. Anyways, I was extremely lucky. I think this was a lucky week for me.

Went to the movies with Alexa and Matthias the weekend before this last one, and just before we went into the theater, Alexa and I got some pretty crazy news. I can't say too much, but we were both freaking out a bit about it. It's nothing bad/serious though. I spent the night anxious about what exactly the outcome would be, and in the morning I emailed Mary. She told me not to worry about it, and then the next morning she completely shocked me. She told me some things that I had never even considered, and I'm more excited than ever for everything that's coming! All of this has added some Ironman anxiety, but I'm sure that it would be there regardless. In other news on the triathlon front, I'm super excited for mini-mussel next weekend! I just want to go fast!

Today Amanda and I headed to Buffalo. I finally have somewhere to live this next year! The one bedroom that they had available for when I would be moving in was tiny, and kind of gross. But then we checked out a two bedroom, which was the same price as all the other one bedrooms that I've seen. It's cheaper than my place now, which is a plus, and I'll have an awesome special training room! Knowing I have a place to live it a huge weight off of my shoulders. I'm so relieved. Also, thank you Amanda for skipping the plans you had to come with me and help me decide!

It's time for the countdown(s)!

1 days until Amanda's birthday!
3 days until mini-mussel!
7 days until my birthday!
11 days until IMLP!
17 days until the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. For everyone reading this, the countdowns are starting tomorrow, not tonight since the day is almost over.

    ReplyDelete